1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream (trust me…you won’t be sorry!)
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (I used the bottled kind, that I just bought. That’s “fresh”, right?)
5 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Mix in sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Chill dough (at least 1 hour, we “chilled” overnight)
5. Roll 1/8 thick on a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters. MAKE SURE you roll them out thin enough. They will puff up a little during baking, so they need to be really thin when rolled out.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
The Best Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 2¾ cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons milk or cream (I actually used Italian cream for my coffee and used only 4 tablespoons)
- 6 tablespoons butter- softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add butter to a mixing bowl and cream until nice and smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, alternating with the milk.
- Add in vanilla.