I actually made two batches of this cake and both were gone in one day. No joke this is something you definitely want to make. I'll link to the recipe here but I'll also list it below.
FROSTED SPICED PEAR CAKE
- 1¾ cups finely chopped pears (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup granulted sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
For the glaze:
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Mix apples and sugar in a large bowl; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in egg and butter. Stir in remaining ingredients (except vanilla glaze). Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Spread with vanilla glaze while warm.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
Hope you enjoy this perfect Fall recipe! Also, I'm sure this would be delicious with any fruit (peaches, strawberries, blueberries) that is in Season!