1. Paint. We have an easel that I can take outside, strip the girls down to diapers (or undies) and tanks and let them have at the paper! If you don't have an easel I'd just lay down large pieces of paper on the ground.
2. Nature Walk. Take brown paper bags and draw pictures of items for them to collect! Have a glass jar set aside in your house so they can see all their treasures they collect!
3. Gak, oobleck, moon sand, fake snow. These recipes are all over Pinterest. You can find them here here here and here. This is hours of fun for them and you (break time for mamas) and being outside makes it easy to clean up!
4. Planting. Perfect time for planting flowers, veggies and fruits! Get a few clay pots (love these), some paint and have a fun planting party for the afternoon.
5. Picnic. Lunch or dinner or anything in between, all you need is a blanket and some food. It's so easy and kids LOVE picnics. There are some fun picnic themes that would be fun to try. This and this and this look like some tasty ideas!
7. Bean bag toss. You can buy here or make your own bean bags for this. Set out different sized bowls (depending on the kiddos ages) and use tape to mark the spots where they stand. This should keep kids of all ages busy for awhile!
8. Make bird feeders. My girls love watching animals and what better way than right in your backyard! We make bird feeders each year and Sophia just loves seeing the birdies come eat their food! Recipe here (scroll down a bit to get the recipe) and here.
10. Decorate cookies. Making cookies is a lot of fun and a lot of mess with kids. I like to make them myself and then set out cups of colorful frosting for them to decorate the cookies with! Outside of course. Depending on how many they do sometimes I'll just let them have a sugar high in the afternoon or I'll get a plate together for my mom and dad!
Do you have any things you like to do with your kids outside? I love adding to my list and seeing what other Mamas do with their littles!