Since I am from Seattle I of course am so excited that my Hawks are going to the Super Bowl on Sunday! I have a few little things I'm going to make to eat to help celebrate their success for the last year! If you're a fan and want some treats to make these are super easy little treats to make for just you or for a party! Go HAWKS!!
So I haven't really posted on my pregnancy too much, at least no pictures that are really just focused on my belly. I can't believe how much time just flies by! When I was pregnant with Sophia everything seemed to just take forever! At my last OB appointment I was reminded that now is the time to pre-register at the hospital and take a tour of the womens wing. I remember looking forward to that time with my first pregnancy and now I'm like huh? what? already??? I still have to get that on the calender, but I figure I still have a few weeks before it's absolutely necessary!
On another note I am feeling great and have energy to work on projects around the house and am able to keep up with my 2 1/2 year old. I have been started to feel a little melancholy because I do know these are the last few months it will only be our little family of three. The hubs and I have a few things we are planning to do to make it special for just the three of us over the next few months! I want to make it a special time for Sophia since this is the last time in her life it'll be all about her. I am looking forward to seeing what this little girl in my tummy looks like and what her personality is like. (If it's anything like her kicks I feel now I'm in for a feisty little I took some pictures over the weekend of just me and "her" so far in our life together! Hope you enjoy!
This has a warning that comes with it. If you make this be prepared to eat all of it. It is seriously one of the most delicious appetizers I have ever made. The fact that it is not complicated makes it that much worse. I got this recipe from a lady in my moms meetup club. I have already made it a few times and I foresee this being a staple in my recipe book now! Recipe is at the bottom of the post.
1 round loaf white bread
1 round brie
1 - 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick melted butter
Heat oven to 350. Cut out middle of bread and tear into bite sized chunks. Place hollowed bread bowl in the middle of a cookie sheet. Place brie in the middle of the bread bowl. (I had to cut mine in different sizes to make it fit) Melt butter and spoon over bread chunks. Sprinkle the brown sugar over it and heat in oven for 15-20 minutes or until brie is melted. If it is not melted completely turn the heat up to 375 and cover with aluminum foil and cook another 5 minutes. Enjoy!
I just came back from our month long vacation from WA and have totally gone in nesting/ cleaning mode. I mean 15 weeks is not a long time away. I have some items that I've found that I just love and can't wait to get (or make) for our little peanut. Having another little girl means she will get a ton of hand me downs, I know, but there are some things I want to get her that are new and that will be only hers. Anyways, here are some things that have caught my attention lately....
1. Leggings- A must in FL as pants are way too hot. These are adorable and way affordable too! You can find them here.
2. Heart pocket dress- Love love the little heart pockets on this adorable little dress. Find it here but be forewarned it's super pricey and has to come from overseas. (I think I'll try my hand at making this item.)
3. Little fox leather slipper shoes- I mean woodland creatures? These adorable foxes are perfectly adorable for little feet. Find them here.
4. Rosy ruffle onesie- Absolutely a must. A little detail on the bum and it takes a regular onesie and makes it just too cute! Find it here or you could be brave and do one yourself!
5. Hello I'm New Here onesie- I just think this is such a sweet little onesie for a new baby to wear. Find it here.
6. Headband- I think this is just beautiful. Perfect for a photo shoot or a special event your little one is going to. I love the vintage look with the soft yellow and lace. Find it here.
7. Baby Minnetonkas- These are just the cutest little things EVER! Sophia and I both have Minnetonkas so the next girl in the family will have them too! Found them here.
8. Little turbans/half turbans- Everything is just cuter on little ones! I love these and they look so soft for the babies head where they could wear them all day! (I hate having that indent line across their forehead from headbands) You can find similar ones to the one pictured here.
9.Unfortunately I found this adorable little dress on pinterest and the link is broken. So sad. I just had to pin it because I love the colors and how vibrant the little dress is. I might try and see if I can find ANY type of fabric that would be similar and try and make it because it is truly a one of a kind.
I am so excited to try and make some of these items and get them for the baby! Only 15 weeks left?!? (did I say that already??) Whew so much to do and so little time! My posts might become a little more infrequent, but I'll make sure I'll post my projects and give updates as the weeks progress! Happy Wednesday!
Chocolate is amazing. This pregnancy I have been craving it...totally a guilty pleasure. My grandfather had his 87th birthday this month and since I am in Washington I took it as an excuse ( I know selfish of me right?) to make a chocolate cake for him! I found a recipe on pinterest that you can find here, but made a few adjustments to it and it turned out to be absolutely amazing. Yes it has a lot of chocolate, but it doesn't have that sugary taste of a store bought cake. It's rich, but it is the most delicious chocolate cake you could ever taste. The frosting is almost like a mousse. If you need to make a cake for someone, (yes even you count as a someone) this is the one to try!
Chocolate Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup hot coffee
Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour three 8 inch round pans. In large bowl mix sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk oil and vanilla into bowl and stir. Add coffee to mixture and beat until smooth. Pour batter into baking pans and bake 30 mins.
Smooth Chocolate Frosting
1/2 bag semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
3 tablespoons sweetened cocoa
6 tablespoons boiling water
1 1/2 cup butter
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Place cocoa in boiling water and let sit until dissolved. Melt chocolate and shortening in bowl then set aside until cool. Beat butter and powdered sugar until mixed and fluffy. While cocoa is still sitting add cream cheese and stir until combined. In butter/sugar bowl add the melted chocolate and stir. Add cream cheese/cocoa mixture and beat well.
Once cake has cooled frost the layers and stack the cake. Frost the cake all over and enjoy!
As part of my new year resolution I am going to be making more meaningful gifts for my family members and close friends this year. It'll keep me busy and make me plan ahead. I have been searching pinterest for inspiration for the first birthdays of the year and found some amazing things that I will be making! It all looks so easy and will be great small things for me to ship places! (Since all my family lives across the United States) I wanted to share some things that look pretty easy and are super cute!
1. DIY sugar scrub-easy and cheap and would be so cute in a bottle. You can find the recipe here
2. Cute sleeves for the coffee/tea lover-perfect for a guy or girl! You can find a very simple no sew tutorial here or a more advanced one here.
3. Cute map project here. I could use this for anniversary, birthday presents, valentines etc!
4. DIY cute mugs here . You could write whatever you want to whomever you want.
5. Dish towels for the cook found here. Endless possibilities for prints or embellishments to use!
6. Cord holder tutorial found here. This would be great for a traveler or someone who is always on the go. (or loses headphones/cords easily)
7. Letter decoration wrapped with twine. DIY found here.
8. Deer pillow. What you need can be found here. Be warned that you do have to sketch the deer yourself, but it still looks pretty easy and even a guy would like this.
9. DIY canvas or wood picture. Tutorial here.
As the months go on I'll share what I'm making for different birthdays or anniversaries. I hope this inspires you to craft something for other people to enjoy!
Right after the New Year started the hubby, my dad, Sophia and my husbands sister (who was up on vacation) and I went to Seattle for the day. I love Seattle. Everything about it....ok not the traffic, but the whole ambiance of the city is just amazing to me. This is my last week in WA and I totally don't want to leave. Looking at the pictures from Seattle makes me really not want to leave. I love this place despite the rain and cold weather. We had a great day taking in the sites and food and I can't wait to come back in the summer when it's a little warmer to enjoy the outdoors a little more!
Thanks Seattle for not raining on us and for such a fun day seeing the beautiful Northwest city.
Since our little peanut, arriving in May, is going to be getting a newly decorated room and lots of attention I want to update Sophia's room a bit. She is loving ballerina's, pink and really anything girly. I roamed pinterest and came up with some inspirational pictures that would be cheap and easy to do and give her room a little makeover before the baby comes.
1. Gold starts-Right now I have a banner hanging over her crib from her second birthday. I am going to take that down and hang gold stars from the ceiling over her bed.
2. Tulle Skirt-I saw this and immediately thought the color was amazing and that I could make a huge full bed skirt. It's very whimsical and looks "ballet-ish".
3. Little girl sketch with balloons-I am totally going to ask my brother's girlfriend (who is an amazing artist) to sketch a little girl (that looks like Sophia complete with her wild hair) holding balloons and wearing a tutu to hang up in her room.
4. Whimsical sketch-Sophia loves princesses, pink, flowers, animals and knows about Paris. I am thinking about creating a sketch or painting to put up in her room.
I am excited to do just these few changes to her room to make it fit her personality other than mine now! She is growing up so fast and I want her to always love her room and let it be her own.
Hi I'm Ruth!
I love fashion and all things that make up a wardrobe. I hope to inspire you to try new trends, enjoy the classics and not to be afraid to dress for yourself!
Looking for something?